COPAS Energy Education
Intro to Oil and Gas Exploration, Production, and Upstream Operations Series Webinar I: Exploring & Securing Drilling Rights & Building the Location
Date: Monday, January 7 2019
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:40 PM (CT)
Program Level: Basic CPE Credits: 2 Hours
Delivery: Group-Internet Based Prerequisites: None
Advance Prep: None Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Instructor: Phil Fischer
This course will discuss developing an area of interest (seismic and geophysical) components, securing rights, buildings roads and pad, and rig and equipment mobilization.
Learning Objectives: By the end of this presentation you will be able to
- Identify the key steps in developing an area of interest and the role of competition.
- Explain how seismic determines the best locations for drilling a well.
- Describe how a Landman might secure the rights to a lease.
- Recall the responsibilities of key personnel involved in building the location.
- Explain how the rig and other equipment is mobilized to location.
Register at the bottom of this page.
Click here to read the COPAS Complaint Policy
Click here to read the COPAS Refund Policy
Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies (COPAS), Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Registration Type: Webinar: Exploring and Securing Drilling Rights & Building the Location (Jan 8)